How does Google work, you ask? First, Google follows links. Moreover, they follow links from one web page to another. Above all, descriptive links work best for users and specifically for SEO purposes.
For example, the best practice for a descriptive link includes linking the ‘keyword phrase’ within a sentence or paragraph to a corresponding webpage. To illustrate this, let’s look at an example in real time.
Below is a snippet of a website article about web maintenance containing specific words with text links. For instance, under the section ‘Check Your Web Forms,’ find three text links to the following phases:
1. ASP mail form script sending form mail on Exchange Server
2. ASP mail form script on Network Solutions
3. ASP Mail form script on Go Daddy
Above all, from an SEO perspective, these key phrases rank on the first page of Google searches. View the three videos below to see the 1st page of Google search results for each descriptive phrase, a.k.a long-tail key phrases.
View the search results video for the ASP Mail form script on Go Daddy
See the search results video for the ASP mail form script on Network Solutions.
Mail form script sending form mail on Exchange Server search results from video.
The Google crawler follows these links 24/7 and saves all crawlable information in a vast database called the Google index. Specifically, this crawlable information includes; Web pages, Blog pages, Documents (PDF, DOCX, PPT, XSL), and Images. Moreover, Google regularly updates its index. Furthermore, the traffic on your site and the number of changes you make impact how often these crawlers visit your website.
Also, see How Do I Get Google To Notice A New Page On My Website.
Posting original content often and frequently with descriptive links attracts attention on Google. Specifically, the same goes for revising your existing content! Either way, both methods help to increase your visitor traffic and website ranking on Google.
1. Optimize the website’s content with relevant keywords.
2. Build high-quality backlinks to the website from other reputable websites.
3. Ensure that the website has a fast loading speed and is mobile-friendly.
4. Use alt tags to describe images and other media on the website.
5. Create high-quality, unique content that is regularly updated.
6. Use structured data and schema markup to help Google understand the website’s content.
7. Make sure the website is indexed correctly by Google by submitting a sitemap and using Google Search Console. Optimize the website’s meta tags, including the title and description.
It’s important to note that Google’s algorithm constantly evolves, so it’s crucial to stay up-to-date with the latest best practices and guidelines. Additionally, the ranking factors for one website may be less important for another, so it’s essential to conduct thorough keyword research and understand a website’s specific needs and goals.
The VISIONEFX SEO team understands that you want your business website to get top exposure on Google. To achieve the maximum results, you need professional search engine optimization. We build an SEO strategy with your traffic goals in mind from planning to launch.
Please read what our customers have to say about VISIONEFX on Google Reviews.
For more information, call: (757) 619-6456 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
GETTING CUSTOMERS TO NOTICE YOUR SERVICES AND PRODUCTS
FUNDAMENTALS OF SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION
CHECK YOUR WEBSITE FUNCTIONALITY