The average cost for a website | Recent polling in the U.S. estimates the average cost for a small business website $3200 to $7200, respectively. At the same time, the cost for a custom database web application ranges from $7200 to $15,000.
Shopping for Website Pricing
When shopping for a website proposal, provide as much detail as possible. Because this ensures you will receive an accurate quotation. Most important, ask lots of questions to make an informed decision. Finally, provide as much detail for your new website.
Provide As Much Detail As Possible
1. Provide a summary of your website idea or brand
2. Provide as much detail as you can for all your website requirements.
3. Provide examples of websites that you’d like to use as a functional or creative benchmark.
4. After you receive website cost/plan proposals, examine and compare costs and details, then schedule a phone call with one or 2 vendors to see which one is a better fit.
Ask Lots Of Questions
1. Ask if there are any costs for small changes after go-live.
2. Will the website be SEO-ready?
3. Are there are any costs for photos or graphics?
4. What are the maintenance costs associated with the website.
How To Review Your Proposals
Approach your analysis for bids and pricing using the following method.
1. Throw out the low-ball bids. It is a good indicator the work will be less than professional.
2. Throw out the high-end bids. It is a good indicator they are taking advantage of you.
3. Accept and seriously consider bids that are within a few hundred dollars north or south. These are true fair market prices from reputable website companies.
VISIONEFX is a professional web design company in Virginia. We understand that proper coding and software integration elevates websites above the rest and work to achieve the desired results. VISIONEFX provides web development services to small businesses throughout the United States. Services include custom web design, eCommerce, Database, and Word Press web design.