Intranet web portals, Employee Portal Development
Having a company Intranet is a great way to keep associates and employees informed and up to date on company news and information. It is a good idea to have a centralized custom database with a username and password system to manage access to your company documents and information. Below is a list of Intranet functionality found in most company Intranet web applications.
Intranet User Management
• Allow super admin to create new users
• Allow super admin user to activate/inactivate existing user
• Allow super admin user to delete existing user File Management
• Allow super admin user to create and manage folder sections
• Implement user friendly form to upload new files
• Allow super admin user to delete existing files
• Provide Rich Text Editor to add details/instructions for uploaded files
• Allow admin user to create links for external web sites
Intranet for Employee Access
• Allow employees to login user their personal credentials (Created by Super admin)
• Allow logged –in user to change password
• Allow logged in employee to view/download files
• Implement secured file access logic to not to show actual filename/location.
• Instead read the file using .net framework and load the file dynamically.
It is also extremely important to inform anyone who is logging into your Intranet to keep their computer spy ware and anti-virus up to date. This helps to keep unauthorized access to your company Intranet.
Most types of hacking or intrusion happen when a person’s computer or computer browser has been infected by a password key encryption. ( ) Always encourage and insist that users to keep their security software up to date.
Protect Your Intranet Access
If you use any web development software such as Word Press, Joomla, SQL ASPX.NET, Drupal, Magento and other third party software, scripts…) you must be sure to install any required updates or new versions containing the latest security fixes.
Remove any files, folders, scripts, other digital assets that you are no longer using. Change any testing passwords that came with the software you are using such as ( admin/ admin ).
Use a strong password that is difficult to guess and change it occasionally, especially if you have reason to think it has been compromised by a hacker or other intrusion.