Blogs are a great way to build pages, but you must follow basic best practices. Here are some FAQ’s and tips to help you get started.
Do Blogs help with SEO for Ranking on Google?
Yes. As long as you are posting rich content; content that is interesting, engaging, entertaining or educational. Same holds true for Blogs, websites, directories and social networks.
I post to my Blog every day; my Blog ranking on Google is not improving?
With the proliferation of social networking, messaging apps and online news sites, blog owners find their page visits rapidly shrinking. Page visits equal ‘traffic’ or visits by human beings to your web pages. This equates to 50% of your page weight or importance to Google. You need to encourage people to visit your Blog pages. If you have time invested into social sites, ask your, ‘What roll should social networking play in my business‘?
How do I increase visits to my Blog.
There are multiple ways to increase traffic to your Blog pages. (Especially Professional Business Blog Design)
– Use social network sites; post a teaser or snippet to garner attention that links back to your Blog post.
– Post topical content; content that is popular or trending online.
– If your Blog is part of your website, create a function where your most recent Blog posts are dynamically fed to your home page.
Will comments on my Blog help my SEO?
Comments (both open and moderated) are a great way to engage visitors. (Visitor engagement equals traffic) You will need to make the decision whether or not to enable the comments section. Nothing looks worse than see multiple Blog posts followed by no comments.
May I repost or rewrite an existing article on my Blog?
It’s your blog, your web site so it is your decision. Experience tells me that you should ALWAYS right your own content for the following reasons;
– Original content is more valuable for SEO
– Rewriting existing content does little more than help to fill pages.
– Reposting content should only be done if the information is useful to your readership. (Whenever I repost content I always mention the original source and the author’s name.
Should I link to other websites on my Blog?
Links are a good thing. Links are how we locate information on the World Wide Web. My advice is to be judicious with your links. Many websites archive their links, which will break the link you created. This happens all the time on news and information websites.
What is the best way to use my Blog?
Consider using a different file name or title for your Blog such as Resources, Articles, Media Center, Documents and so on… as appropriate.
Should I use a 3rd party Blog service such as Google Blogger?
I have written extensively on this subject. My answer is emphatically NO. Unless you have 100% ownership or control over your Domain name, Blog, your web hosting and your Blog files then you run the risk of losing it all.