What is Word Press? | Word press is a popular open source website creation tool for creating websites and blogs. Originally Word Press was blog software that quickly became a popular tool for building websites. There are many free and fee based plugins that expand the capabilities of Word Press.
Thinking about building a website in Word Press? Here are some easy steps and advice for you to consider.
1. Step 1: Download a free copy of Word Press at Word Press.org and install this on your web hosting.
2. Step 2: Install a theme or web-skin that best fits your needs.
3. Step 3: Set up your navigation and pages then upload your images and content.
4. Step 4: Browse the available plugins to add extra capabilities to your Word Press website.
5. Step 5: Setup your blog pages so you can share news or advertise your website over social networks.
If you need help or rather hire a Word Press professional, at VISIONEFX we suggest you check to see if the Word Press web design experts you are considering hiring have online reviews and references. Finally take a look at their website portfolio to determine if they have clients with live Word Press websites that reflect the look and feel of what you are looking for.
Rick Vidallon is Creative Director for VISIONEFX, a search engine opotimization company in Virginia providing SEO services to small and medium sized businesses throughout Virginia and the United States. Rick can be reached at (757) 619-6456 or www.visionefx.net.